Flash News
  • Testing Protocols We would like to inform that the Testing Protocols for the FG-COMPASS are now available for download. Test users can download the protocols (PDF) from…
  • Mobile Apps Coming Soon We are in the final stages of development of the mobile apps that will run the FG-COMPASS. Please click here to subscribe to our mailing…
Facebook Twitter Instagram

Training undergraduate students

Forums Testing protocols Training undergraduate students

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I want to train my undergraduate students on how to use the FG-COMPASS? I have 20 students and a small gym as location.

admin
    Keymaster

Here are some suggestions:

Break students into groups and assign them to several stations. Each station would test a few skills (see suggestion below). Give them some time to prepare (study the protocols and choose who will 1) administer the test, 2) demonstrate the skills, 3) videotape performances (or assess live)

Then, start with Station 1. Whoever is not responsible for Station 1, will act as students and perform the skills. Keep moving forward, to the next station.

Station 1:
    Skills: Throw, Kick
    Equipment: 4- to 5-inch square beanbag; basket; floor tape; 8-inch nerf ball

Station 2
    Skills: Dribble, Catch, Strike
    Equipment: Plastic bat; nerf baseball; floor tape; 4-inch (5-7 year-olds) / 8-inch (8-10 year-olds) nerf ball; S/M basketball ; stopwatch;

Station 3:
    Skills: Hop, Skip, Gallop
    Equipment: Plastic cones; floor tape

Station 4
    Skills: Horizontal Jump, Vertical Jump
    Equipment: Floor tape

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by admin.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by admin.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.